Let's yap about perfect pairs.
This avocado ranch dressing is the perfect pair for our Southwest Summer Salad. And it doesn't stop there. It's also an incredible dip for a vegetable tray, chicken fingers, french fries. Or drizzle it on grilled fish or tacos - or fish tacos!
My recipe is adapted from Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch at Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. I don't know Melissa, but I read that she developed her recipe based on wanting to create Chik-Fil-A's avocado ranch. Reading through the comments, it seems she nailed it and then some! She has a great website and many copycat recipes from restaurants. (Bang Bang Shrimp, I'm coming for you!)
So when you're done here, head over and give Melissa some love. Then come right back!
- 1 yellow onion small-ish
- 1 serrano pepper seeded
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado ripe, peeled & pitted
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Rough chop the onion, seeded serrano pepper, and cilantro. Place them in a food processor or blender with the garlic and lime juice. Pulse until chopped fine. Add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Add more buttermilk, if desired to thin.
- Store refrigerated for several hours before serving. Shake well or whisk before serving. Keep refrigerated for up to seven days.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission when you click a link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Yappy Kitchen!