Let's yap about the gift of rationalization.
Incredibly easy, quick, and delicious, this chili glazed Brussels sprouts recipe is from one of Pittsburgh's top restaurants. We all deserve restaurant-quality vegetables at home. Roast some for yourself. Impress your friends and family. Repeat.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 🍀
I've been wracking my brain on what I could post this year. Lucky for us, I can rationalize just about anything with very little effort.
I was craving these chili glazed Brussels sprouts, and the rationalizing went like this:
They're essentially tiny cabbages.
That makes a ton of sense! I don't know why these aren't a St. Patrick's Day tradition. 🤷🏻♀️
The Secret Recipe
Several years ago at one of my very favorite restaurants, we ordered a shareable side of Brussels sprouts. They were incredible! When I raved about them to our server, she told us they are insanely simple. Then out of the side of her mouth, she said she's not supposed to tell but rattled off the secret recipe anyway. 😳 I've been making them ever since.
🍀 Fun Facts 🍀
FUN FACT #1: Pittsburgh has the 2nd largest Irish population of any city in the United States. That's 16.2% of us! True story; check it out here.
FUN FACT #2: Pittsburgh has the second largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the country, next to New York City. It's kind of a big deal. And, man, is it a lot of fun!
The parade was cancelled in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID, so we've got some making up to do. In closing, a limerick invitation for you:
No parade for the last years two
Shenanigans are way overdue
It's gonna be fun
You son of a gun
So join us in 2022!
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup low sodium Tamari sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 slices bacon omit for vegan, vegetarian
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim Brussels sprouts stems and cut in half. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and
- roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring half way through. Sprouts are done when beginning to brown, crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside.
- While sprouts are roasting, add glaze ingredients to small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until glaze is reduced by 25-50% and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- If using bacon, fry slices in pan over medium heat until almost crispy. Remove slices from pan and place on paper towel; blot grease. Crumble or chop into pieces. Set aside.
- Drizzle glaze over roasted Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with bacon, if using. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission when you click a link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Yappy Kitchen!