A better way to enjoy the same-old same-old.
Sometimes, we get enlightened about a new, better method for even the simplest of tasks. Take broccoli, for instance. Have you tried steaming it in the oven or in your Instant Pot? If you haven't, give it a go.
Steaming broccoli in the oven is super easy! It turns out nice & green, and this method worked well for large quantities when catering. But what works for crowds isn't always best for the home kitchen. Or it might be summertime, and who wants to turn on an oven? No one.
Once I closed my catering business, I sold my pressure cookers and invested in an Instant Pot for home. Browsing around the Internet one day, I came across a recipe for zero-minute broccoli in the Instant Pot and gave it a try.
I was awestruck at the simplicity, but (for me) the broccoli needed to be a wee bit more tender. Not mushy, just not close to raw. I did one-minute broccoli and was blown away. It's so crazy good!
So here are my recipes for both the Instant Pot and oven steaming as well.
Both methods are fast, beautiful, and perfect every time.
- Place broccoli in Instant Pot steamer basket.
- Add water to Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot on High Pressure for one minute. Or set the timer for zero minutes if you like your broccoli crisp-tender.
- When Instant Pot beeps, wait one minute, cover valve with kitchen towel, and release pressure. Remove lid.
- Remove steamer basket. Sprinkle broccoli with salt & pepper and toss with butter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place broccoli in a casserole dish and add water. Cover with foil, sealing as best that you can.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until broccoli is done to your liking. If it's not tender enough, bake at 5 minute intervals until perfect for you.
- Drain and add seasonings and butter, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission when you click a link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Yappy Kitchen!