Let's yap about carefree, sunny days.
Grillin' is a year round season, even in the coldest of climes, but there's something nostalgic about the smell of sizzling meats wafting around in the warm, sunny air of summer. It's family reunions and block parties. It's the annual July 4th picnic at my aunt & uncle's house. It's the grease splatters that repelled the rain on the deck around the grill of my childhood home. Smells can trigger time travel, and these are the places I go when I catch a whiff of grillin'.
These turkey burgers are among our very favorite things to grill. They are so flavorful, and even grilling doesn't dry them out. They freeze well, too, which is good news because this recipe makes a lot. We almost always get 11 burgers + a little baby burger as my personal appetizer.
It bothers me that this recipe makes 11 burgers, and buns come in packages of 8. But there's nothing like a delicious burger that covers the entire bun, so I get over it.
- 11 kaiser rolls
- 11 slices your favorite cheese
- 1 head your favorite lettuce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Turn on your grill on high to get it nice & hot (or preheat your oven to 375 degrees F).
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Add onion, mayo, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan, garlic, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add ground turkey and stir until combined evenly.
- Using a ¾ cup measure, form turkey burgers. Place in single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. If baking, you'll need a couple sheet pans. If grilling, place sprayed wax paper between each layer for transporting to grill.
- Turn grill down to medium (400-ish degrees). Grill about 6-8 minutes each side. (Or bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.)
- Burgers are done when internal temperature at the thickest part reaches 165 degrees. Mine are usually in the 170 range when I take them off the grill
- Serve with on kaiser rolls with lettuce, tomato, and your favorite cheese.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission when you click a link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Yappy Kitchen!