Fancy, healthy meals that free up time for other things - like exercise or Netflix.
Often the most simple recipes taste the most pure, the most delicious. That's how I feel about this garlic herb salmon recipe.
I love salmon about 547 different ways, but this is my go-to. Here's why.
✅ The ingredients are incredibly simple.
✅ The prep is super speedy (see tips below).
✅ It looks darn fancy.
✅ The tastebuds love it.
✅ Add a vegetable - still under 300 calories.
✅ It's good for you.
It checks ALL the boxes.
This recipe was crazy popular with my personal chef clients. I made the salmon and chicken versions by request just about every week. But if you're bored with chicken, and salmon doesn't float your boat, chose another thick-ish, meaty fish that does. Cod, halibut, swordfish, grouper, sea bass all work well... you pick!
You can whip up a side dish and/or a salad while the salmon (or chicken) is in the oven and have a restaurant-quality dinner ready in about 30 minutes. This hands-off steamed broccoli for either the Instant Pot or oven comes to mind. When we're squeezing 50,000 things into each day, a great meal in under 30 is kinda awesome.
I have two tips that make this recipe so speedy:
Tip #1. Buy good-quality minced garlic in water and keep it in the refrigerator always. I am never, ever without minced garlic. Peeling and mincing cloves takes extra minutes that I don't always want to spend. And I also never, ever say, "Gosh, this recipe would have tasted SO MUCH better had I minced a fresh clove." Never.
Tip #2. Buy fresh, flat-leaf Italian parsley and chop the entire bunch. Use what you need for the recipe and refrigerate the rest UNCOVERED in a small glass container. It will dry in your refrigerator and retain its color and flavor without getting gross and mushy. It keeps for weeks, and it's wonderful to have gorgeous chopped parsley at the ready for recipes like this. Because fresh herbs are the best, but they aren't inexpensive - even parsley. This is one way to save a few pennies, save a few minutes, and keep dishes pretty & delicious!
Let us know what you think in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you!
- 1 pound salmon filet or boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons fresh italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut fillet into four equal pieces. Place salmon pieces on sheet pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Combine salt and pepper in the palm of your hand and sprinkle over salmon. Place ½ teaspoon of minced garlic on each piece. Drizzle salmon with olive oil. With your hand or silicone brush, spread olive oil & garlic to thoroughly cover the top and sides of each piece. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 135-145 degrees for fish; 165 for chicken.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission when you click a link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Yappy Kitchen!